Due to company growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic experienced Telecoms Technician to join our team. Based in Crowborough, Fluent Communications are a fast-growing Telecoms services provider, and are part of the larger Fluent Group which covers IT services, as well as data/mobile services.
We are recruiting for a Telecoms Technician to expand our team and are looking for an individual with a good work ethic, someone willing to go the extra mile for a customer. We have a healthy and fun office atmosphere.
As a Telecoms Technician, you will be the first point of contact for customers, providing remote support and troubleshooting on a very mixed range of issues. There will be exposure to more technical issues, and the team are always happy to help and improve a colleague’s technical knowledge. You will also attend customer sites to physically install equipment whilst installing their internal network which occasionally includes cable work.
We operate a policy of promotion from within – all our technicians have had at least one promotion in the last year – so there is progression, and a career for the right candidate.
Tasks and responsibilities (All necessary training will be provided):
• Resolving issues remotely over the phone and via email
• Troubleshooting software and hardware issues
• Building, repairing, and configuring Telecoms Solutions for customers
• Setting up new user accounts and communications devices
• Troubleshooting basic network issues
• Liaising with external suppliers regarding equipment repair
• Understanding of VoIP, SIP, RTP, TCP & UDP Protocols
• Basic understanding of networking and some routers/firewalls
• Excellent problem-solving, attention to detail and analytical skills
• Self-motivated and driven to succeed
• Resilient with a positive mind-set
• Interest in integration and/or opportunities that IT and Telecoms provides
• Able to operate according to the Company’s values of respect, responsibility, teamwork, commitment, excellence, and passion
• Capable of working well under pressure
• Company polo’s, jumpers and work trousers provided – No shirt and tie!
• Company vehicles provided for site visits
The salary will be dependent on experience and available on request. We offer a very generous commission package which can be worth up to an additional 10k per annum.